Tuesday, November 20, 2012

draft introduction and literature review

Literature Review:
I really liked the way Glynda Hull set up her introduction. I feel as if she set up the paper perfectly. She gave an example, explained what the focus would be, what she hopes to accomplished from this essay, and the kind of study. For my research paper I would refer back to this essay because I feel as if it would work with introducing the topic.


Introduction:
For my introduction I would like to follow the same type of structure:
I would use a piece from the interview.
I would explain who the two people I chose to interview were and little bit about them
(Alexandria, senior at Kean, has taken English classes at her community college and Kean, etc.)
(Amy, Junior at Kean, has been at Kean all three years. Has taken many English classes as well, etc.)
I would summarize the point of that piece that I used and why I would it was important.
This would then lead into what my topic was about and why I wanted to focus on this question.
Point by Point discussion

I'm not sure that I liked the way she ended her introduction so I would need to see if I could find a different way to end the introduction.


Questions that were added to the Blog:
1.  What are the strengths your writing for the introduction?  What do you need to work on? What are the strengths of your writing for the review of the literature?  What do you need to work on?
My strengths will be compiling all my information to make a strong introduction. I will need to work on an effective conclusion that will lead into my work.
2. What is the research problem identified in your introduction?  How do you point out what your research project will contribute toward resolving this "problem"?  In other words, what have you written about  the importance of your project for writing studies?

3. What have other researchers found out about your topic that is relevant to your research project?

4.  How do you connect findings from question 3 to the purpose of your project?

5.  What is your plan for finishing/revising your introduction and literature review?

6.  What feedback do you want from me?




No comments:

Post a Comment