Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blog 1

In English and writing studies many methods of research take place. When looking over the course outline as well as being an observer I notice that communicating by use of oral language is most common. However, as technology is evolving we are beginning to lose touch with simple grammar and punctuation. Everything is done through text messages, emails, Facebook, etc. I believe that researching has changed from the way that it used to be. With this being said I would be interested in researching either how studying habits have changed since computers and technology has become so dominant or study habits in the library compared to the studying happens in a dorm/bedroom. I'm not sure if those are the ideas you are looking for so any feedback would be great!

1 comment:

  1. Valerie,
    Studying habits have definitely changed due to having access to computers and the popularity of music. I prefer to study at home where I feel comfortable, whereas some people prefer to study in the library where it is quiet. I need background noise to study and some people need silence. You are off to a good start with this topic. Technology is also a huge distraction from studying and getting work done, at times. Research was done mostly by using books in the past, today research is done with mostly the help from a computer. I Hope the ideas that I threw out to you helped a little bit in coming up with an idea!

    ReplyDelete