Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Blog 4

I know this assignment might be quite simple but I'm not really understanding what it is that I need to do. So instead of choosing to analyze someone's interview I'm choosing to use my own. First thing I noticed was that I wrote a statement for the interview with Rachel rather than the questions she asked me. She also was very compassionate which made me want to share more information with her. I think thats very important when conducting an interview because if the person doesn't feel comfortable it's going to be harder to get information from them. The emotion during this interview was of course sad because of the events were talking about. However, that didn't stop the questions or delay them because of this. As far as classifying this information I thought the backwards ways we did Andrea's was a good idea. Off the record we were able to remember certain things and talk freely about what we were feeling. Questions are of course the main way to interview but also sometimes just talking about it freely you might be able to remember more. The patterns I saw were starting at point A and ending at B. We were able to start from the moment I first heard about the attacks all the way up until how I feel about this situation now.
I'm not really sure how I would give this information a hypotheses and how I could test it out.

Adding to the post:
After today's discussion in class (9/18/12) I was able to understand that the conclusion and theory were the same thing. I would have liked to further analyze other interviews. Through a brief skim through others I was able to hypothesis that no matter who it was we were able to remember where we were. Maybe not every detail but we remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment